This 2 day seminar provides insight into how to engage with construction specifiers, allowing you to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy. Day 2 is workshop based.
£445.00 plus VAT
Save £85.00 (16%)
Date: Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th November 2018
Venue: Barbour ABI, Hinderton Point, Lloyd Drive, Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire, CH65 9HQ
Times: Tuesday 6th November Start 9.00 for 9.30 AM. Finish by 4.00 PM & Wednesday 7th November Start 9.15 f 9.45 AM. Finish at 3.00 PM
Cost per delegate: Early bird rate £445 + VAT (£530 + VAT thereafter)
Designed for directors and managers with marketing roles, the first day of this 2 day training seminar commences with an overview of the construction market and the drivers influencing industry specifiers. Going on to look in detail at the stages of the specification process, the decision makers involved and how to make effective use of the communication channels available. The seminar concludes by suggesting methodologies for implementing engagement strategies.
The second day is more hands-on. A workshop day, designed as a practical session for those who have attended our day seminar “A strategy for communicating with Specifiers”. It is designed to provide practical support in the development of personas and workflows for your business. We will take you through the steps of using the Competitive Advantage persona template for developing a personalised Persona for your business, drawing on the resources of Barbour ABI to identify suitable target sectors and organisations. At the end of the workshop you will have a persona and communications workflow.
The seminar will be led by Julie Mould, an experienced construction marketer.
Julie has over 18 years experience in the electrical and telecoms sectors of the construction industry. She has experience in delivering detailed marketing strategy and integrated communication plans. During the training Julie will draw on the work Competitive Advantage has done in developing construction personas as well as recently completed research, the Construction Media Index, into communication channels used by industry decision makers.
Presentations will also be given by Michael Dall, Lead Economist at Barbour ABI and Jonathan Touhey, PR Manager Barbour ABI.
This event is in partnership with Barbour Product Search
Once training places are booked it is not possible to refund a fee as a result of non-attendance.
We reserve the right to cancel a training course. In the event of this every effort will be made to run the course on an alternative date / location. Should it not be possible for a delegate to attend with these revised arrangements a full refund of the course fee will be made.
You will learn:
- The latest economic overview and trends for UK construction markets and what drives change in construction markets
- Of the stages of a construction project following the RIBA Plan of Works and when to influence decision makers
- About the different decision makers in the construction process
- Marketing tools for communicating with specifiers and decision makers
- How best to communicate with each decision maker at key stages of project progression
- Understand the engagement processes available to building product marketing managers
- Know the steps to take, through hands on learning, for developing workflows relevant to your business
- Know the steps to take, through hands on learning, for developing personas relevant to your business
9.30 Introduction by Event Chairman – Julie Mould
9.40 Economic and construction market overview and trends
- Speaker – Michael Dall, Lead Economist Barbour ABI
10.15 Drivers for Change – Julie Mould
- Health & Wellbeing
- Offsite manufacture
- Digital Technology
- Self-help review
- Government policies
11.35 The Specifier Journey – Julie Mould
- Idea Generation
- Product Requirement
- Product Search
- Specification Writing
- Product Purchase & Installation
13.30 Case Study – How Barbour ABI uses Personas – Grace Lewis
- Speaker – Grace Lewis, Special Project Manager Barbour ABI
14.00 Personas involved in the Project Lifecycle – Julie Mould
- Personality Profiles
- Communication Channels
- Main Contractors
- Specialist Sub-contractors
- Specialist Consultants
14.50 Case Study – How Barbour ABI uses social media
- Speaker – Jonathan Touhey, PR Manager Barbour ABI
15.20 Insight and Workflows for Engagement – Julie Mould
- Trusted Advisor
- The Process of Engagement – creating workflows
- Creating Personas and workflows
- Case Study and Metrics
15.45 Review and Discussion
Programme: Day Two
This workshop day has been designed as a practical session for those who have attended our seminar “A strategy for communicating with Specifiers” and will provide practical support in the development of personas and workflows for your business. We will take you through the steps of using the Competitive Advantage persona template in developing a personalised Persona for your business, drawing on the resources of Barbour ABI to identify suitable target sectors and organisations. At the end of the workshop you will have a persona and communications workflow.
You will require:
- A laptop
- To have selected a suitable persona – advise in advance
- To have decided the market sectors you are interested in and advised us no later than 26th October 2018
To provide practical support in the development of personas and workflows for your business
9.45 A brief summary of the principals of personas and workflows
10.00 Which market sectors represent your best market opportunities?
- Our team will be available to guide you in terms of the market expectations and leading organisations in your target sectors.
- We can then work with you to review these organisations and rate the strength of the relationship that your business has with them.
11.00 For each sector what are the goals and challenges the persona will face
- In general
- What problems do our products solve?
11.30 What factors drive the persona’s decision making?
- How can our products meet the goals and challenges of our persona?
- What benefits are they looking for?
- How can we help our persona?
13.00 Give your persona a personality
13.30 Reaching your chosen persona – tactical implementation
- Selecting communication channels
- Language and tone of voice
- Messages and copy
- Form of messaging (articles, project stories, FAQs, etc.)
- Keywords and SEO phrases
14.00 Designing the workflow
15.00 General discussion
You may also like:
For just £50 we will review your material and advise on where there are opportunities for improvement.
This report aims to help inform your CPD strategy for Architects.
Introducing the Housebuilder and how to develop a persona for your construction marketing strategy.